In these difficult times we as a school have the aim to do the best we can for every single pupil of Hanley Castle High School and Sixth Form. We need to ensure that we support pupils both academically and pastorally.
We know that all children, whether they admit it or not, crave structure. During the uncertain future it is imperative that we all do everything we can to provide this routine.
Our advice is to keep your children following the school schedule where ever possible, insist on a normal wake up time and morning routine. During the week work will appear in ePraise in accordance with your child’s school timetable. Please support them to stick to this.
An example of a timetable you could make as a family has been attached to your child’s ePraise account. Tutor resources will also be provided on a Tuesday and Wednesday, here fun resources will be posted, things to do as a family etc. At this time tutors will also regularly signpost children to support services that are available should they need them.
The tutor section on Microsoft TEAMS will allow them to communicate with each other as a tutor group to try to maintain friendships and be part of a further supportive environment.
Once the school day is over then children should go about their normal afterschool routines where ever possible while following the Government guidance on social distancing.
Routine is essential to all of our mental health, it is not just about academic success.
If you have any concerns during school closures please contact us at email@example.com
See below for an explanation of each external agency:
• Kooth – Online mental health service for children, young people and adults. Chat to counsellors or get support from the Kooth community
• Mee Two – safe and secure forum for teenagers wanting to discuss any issue affecting their lives – advice from experts or other teenagers going through similar experiences
• NSPCC – Children’s charity preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover. 08088005000
• Headspace – Everyday mindfulness and meditation for stress, anxiety, sleep, focus, fitness and more
• Bestie Worcestershire – New online resource and app to support children’s mental health and wellbeing, offering advice and support
• Shout – 24/7 free, confidential support via text, for anyone in a crisis anytime, anywhere. Text SHOUT to 85258
• Childline – Get help and advice about a wide range of issues; speak to a counsellor or get support from others 08001111
• Mind – Information and support for mental health problems
• https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/camhs/ - if you are concerned about your Child’s mental health
• https://www.nhs.uk/ for health concerns
• https://www.westmercia.police.uk/ - 101 for non-emergencies, 999 for emergencies