- Differentiated planning, which matches the needs of the individual, and demonstrates access, support & extension
- Access to the National Curriculum appropriate curriculum
- Clear use of Lesson Objectives
- High expectations
- Clear instructions and boundaries
- Groupings – consideration to supportive pairings, mixed ability
- Seating plans
- Availability of differentiated resources e.g. reading rulers, left-handed equipment, word banks etc.
- Visual concrete aids to support learning i.e. number lines, 100sq, alphabet strip, dictionaries etc.
- Visual timers
- Range of methods for recording work across subjects e.g. written, oral, pictorial, drama, mind map, ICT
- Clear and fair rules, reward systems and hierarchy of sanctions
- Positive reinforcement
- Right to a voice – School Council, Aspire's Student Voice
- Good home/ school liaison – Aspire’s Parent Voice, review meetings, contact home
- Exam access arrangements - extra time, reader, scribe, rest breaks