Uniform and Lost Property / Additional PE Kit
- Black blazer with Pelican badge
- School tie – dependent on college (house) tie – Gilbert, Burley or Horton
- Dark-grey or black tailored trousers or one of the compulsory style school skirts - no jeans or stretchy black trousers / skirts
- Black 'V' necked pullover with Pelican Badge
- White shirt with traditional collar and buttoning to neck to wear with tie
- Suitable traditional style black shoes - no boots/fashion shoes with heels higher than 4cms
- Black or dark grey socks or tights
- Hair – tidy, clean, of a reasonable length and no extreme styles
- No fashion belts
Parents are asked to note the following general points:
- All items of clothing and other property should be appropriately marked. We can then return lost property directly to students if it is found.
- School uniform must be worn on the journey to and from school, and on all school outings unless permission is given to the contrary.
- During external / internal examinations proper school uniform must be worn.
- If a student is not in school uniform for any reason, he/she must bring a note from home explaining the temporary circumstances. Long term problems ought to be addressed to the appropriate Head of Key Stage in the first instance.
- Shirts must be tucked in and pullovers must not replace blazers.
- We do not accept rings, nail varnish, make-up or piercings (except for one pair of plain studs or earrings for girls with pierced ears, no facial piercings). Jewellery and valuables are best left at home.
- Boy's facial hair is not appropriate until the 6th form.
- Hair must be of a traditional style and colour.
- Black Rugby shirt
- Black and red polo shirt (with Pelican Logo)
- Black and red shorts. (boys - girls optional)
- Black and red ‘skort’ (girls - compulsary)
- Black knee-length PE socks with red trim
- Boots or trainers with non-marking soles
- Optional black/white rain jacket and pants
- Shin Pads
- Gum Shield
- Studded boots
- Black and red sports jacket with Pelican Logo (optional)
- Black tracksuit bottoms with Pelican Logo (optional)
- Black and red sports bag with Pelican Logo and initials (optional)
Please follow the links below:
Kidz & Kitz
Whilst students should be encouraged to take responsibility for uniform, kit and other belongings, the school will take reasonable steps to support students and parents in locating lost items. To assist this we request that all uniform and kit is clearly marked with the student’s name.
We advise that valuable personal items are not brought into school. When this is unavoidable the student must take responsibility for the item. During PE lessons (etc) students may leave valuable items with their teacher, who will keep them securely.
The following procedures are in place:
- Small named items of lost property that are handed into the school reception will be returned to students via their tutor bags. Larger items are held in reception and a note is sent to students (via their tutor bags) for them to collect it. We shall also try to contact parents to let them know that items have been found.
- Un-named P.E. kit that has been left in the sports hall is held in the sports hall in the first instance.
- Un-named uniform or other items are held in reception for the duration of the half-term.
Students should make every effort to reclaim their lost property as soon as possible. To assist students and parents in relocating lost unnamed items the school will:
- Allow students to look through un-named lost property in reception during break, lunchtime and also before and after school.
- Make lost property available to parents in reception during the school day. We ask that parents contact the school before coming in to arrange a mutually convenient time.
- Make lost property available in reception during parents’ evenings.
School reception accumulates a considerable amount of unnamed lost property over the course of a half-term. However, we do not have the capacity to store this quantity for long. At the beginning of each half-term unclaimed items of significant value will be made available to parents who struggle with the cost of new uniform. Other items will be donated to local charity shops.
Additional PE Kit